Equinix Cloud Exchange supports shared and dedicated Layer 3 connections on ECX ports. A buyer, especially an aggregator, is allowed to procure a separate, dedicated Layer 3 connection from the same port to the same provider. A buyer is also allowed to aggregate several cloud service providers (CSPs) into a single routed instance for consolidation of BGP, AS, IP information.
A buyer can create the following combinations of connections:
- Create a new service and a new Layer 3 connection
- Create a new rate-limited service to an existing rate-limited connection
- Create a rate-limited service to a non-rate-limited connection
- Create a non-rate-limited service to rate-limited connection
- Create a non-rate-limited service to a non-rate-limited connection