Standard CSPs offering Layer 3 connectivity
A single Layer 3 connection may have multiple services. When first created, it will only have one service.
- Connection: the name of Layer 3 connection that your company has assigned
- Number of Services: number of services with one or more CSPs
- Buyer-side VLAN ID: the 1Q or 802.1ad VLAN ID the buyer uses to identify the connection within the selected port
- VLAN Speed: speed of the connection
- State: state of the connection, normally Not Provisioned and Provisioned
Expand the connection by clicking the arrow to show details about the services present on that connection.
- Active Services: services that exist on the connection
- Authorization ID: unique authorization ID for the connection if you submitted to the CSP
- Billing Tier: no charge is shown for Unlimited Connections Port; otherwise charges are indicated
- State: provisioning state of the Service
- Status: connection network status which the seller provides
- Connection ID: This unique ID identifies the Layer 3 cloud connection and can be used when creating a ticket for Equinix support to troubleshoot issues with your L3 Cloud Connection
- NAT Traversal Support: only used for Google to allow End-to-End Connectivity in IPSec tunnel
- Equinix BGP ASN: ASN of Equinix
- Equinix Peer IP: Equinix IP Address of the BGP Session
- Buyer ASN: customer ASN Number
- BGP Authentication Key: authentication key of Customer BGP Session
- Buyer Peer IP: customer IP Address of the BGP Session
- Connection Creator Name: name of the person who created the connection
- Email Address: email of the creator
- Creation Date: date when this connection get created
Click on the arrow on each service will give details about it.
- Service ID: unique ID to identify the Layer 3 cloud connection mentioned It can be used when creating a ticket to Equinix support to troubleshoot issues with your Layer 3 service
- Seller ASN: ASN of Seller/CSP
- Redundant Connection: notating if it is a redundant connection
- Buyer-side Details: creator’s name, email address and date the connection was created
- Creation Details: creator’s name, email address and date the virtual circuit was Note that connections can be created by more than one user in the buyer company
Delete Layer 3 connections
Click on the Layer 3 connection.
The Layer 3 connection “L3-Google-Test-01” has two services. You can expand each one to see the details. If you want to delete this connection, note that the “Delete this Connection” button is disabled. You cannot delete the connection. You must first delete the individual service, then you can delete this connection.
After deleting both services, the “Delete this Connection” button becomes available.