IP Block allows enterprise customers to procure a public IP address block (/29) from Equinix for Layer 3 cloud services. Equinix-allocated IP blocks can be used for on-premises resource configuration, firewall configuration, or NAT-to-cloud service providers (CSP) that provide public addressing.
Please note the following conditions attached to the allocation of IP addresses from Equinix:
- These IP Blocks are intended for use on the Cloud Exchange We reserve the right to reclaim them if they are unused for any period of 30 contiguous days for services on Cloud Exchange
- While these addresses are currently allocated at no charge, Equinix reserves the right to begin charging for them at a later date. We will provide a 30-day notice on the portal before any such change in policy takes effect
Requesting public IP addresses
You may use your own public IP addresses for accessing services. If you elect to request Public IP addresses from Equinix, a single /29 Public IP address block will be assigned per metro. This address space may be used for on- premises resource configuration, firewall configuration, or NAT to cloud service providers (CSP) that require public addressing. The allocation should only be requested if the CSP you plan to connect to requires IP addresses for access to its services.
Once the IP Address is allocated, it’s intended for use on Equinix Cloud Exchange. Each customer is allowed only one /29 IP block per metro. The customer is allowed to assign one or more IP addresses from the Equinix- provided public IP address block for their on-premises resources (such as Active Directory server on Office 365 Layer 3 service).
Returning IP Address
Equinix-allocated IP addresses should be returned when no longer in use so that they can be recycled. All Layer 3 connections in the metro must be deleted before returning the IP allocation. To return IP addresses, click on the red “x” to the left of the metro.
From the Components tab, click IP Blocks.
Within this tab, you have two options:
- Request IP Block
- Create connection: Use this section to view previously requested IP blocks and create connections. You will be directed to the Connections tab (see Connections for details)
Request IP block
From the Components tab, click IP Blocks > Request IP Block
Select the metro for the IP block allocation > Click Request IP Address
Note: If metros are grayed out and have a red error icon, this indicates that you already have an IP block allocated for that metro. You are unable to request IP block in the metros where they already have Layer 3 connections.
Once complete, you will receive the following confirmation that your IP block has been submitted:
Your new IP block request will appear on the IP Blocks tab. The status will indicate “In process” until your IP block is ready.
Once the status changes to “Ready,” you can view your allocated IP blocks and create connections.
- You should first check if your ports are appearing on the Equinix Cloud Exchange Portal.
- Click on the CONNECTIONS tab on the top. You should see the following screen:
- Select the metro where you have ports, if it is not already selected.
- Click Expand You should see one or more ports here. Please note that here Layer 2 Connections and Layer 3 Connections are zero. Once you create connections, they will start appearing here.